[Wolves] Ubuntu CD

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Jul 3 04:26:31 UTC 2014

On 02/07/14 20:57, Chris Ellis wrote:

> What are the symptoms of this machine.  I'm a little confused as to what
> the issue is?

As am I? You clearly have Internet access given you have a Gmail address so the asset tag on the bottom of the machine will give you a rough idea of the spec's from Dell's website. A quick Google produces this: http://support.us.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/document.aspx?~file=/systems/dim9200/en/sm_en/specs.htm

TBH it's a half decent machine for it's age with a 4GB capability. You could even run Windows 7 (With 4GB mem) comfortably so I don't understand what all the XP stuff is about? Ubuntu 64bit (What? Pete is recommending Ubuntu? Has hell frozen over?) would work well on the Dimension so you'd be best going down that route. <Pete narrows his eyes> I hope you are not going to tell us it only has 1GB of memory?

Do you not have broadband or know someone with an Internet access? Downloading Ubuntu is trivial these days that's one of the reasons Canonical ceased supplying discs, along with the fact they're flat broke. :-D

Dave Morely is your man, he's used to working for a company that gives everything away and then scratches it's head as to why it's not making any money. Bwahahaha