[Wolves] Fwd: Ubuntu 14.04 Nvidia upgrade woes

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:52:11 UTC 2014

On 09/07/14 15:09, Adam Sweet wrote:
> On 08/07/14 21:43, Andy Wootton wrote:
>> Try again
>
> I missed your original thread while I was on holiday, I'm just
> catching up. As always, no replies means nobody has an answer for you,
> rather than everyone is ignoring you.
I realise that Ad. My problem is that I can't see my own question but I
can see my replies and now your replies. I'm using Thunderbird to read
from Gmail and I think there must be some sort of loop detection going
on. Now I'm sure what's happening, I can look into it.

Thanks. I've never had any trouble with Linux lock files so this is new
to me. I wasn't sure if they locked by being there or by being open so I
was afraid to delete it then not know what I needed to create. Now I
know they're safe(ish) to delete, I can have another look. It isn't a
problem to completely reinstall, as it's a spare machine but if I'm
going to do that I may as well give up and get Windows. I started using
Linux to get to know Unix but everything just works, so I've never
really had to. I may as well try to learn something while I have the chance.

Cheers,
Woo