[Wolves] Fwd: We came: we saw: we hacked: National Hack the Government 2014

Mark Croft mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:22:27 UTC 2014

when is birmingham/west midlands going to get a hack event like this? have
i missed them? i am more interested in programming then building computers
or playing with low level stuff with a raspberry pi.
just very rusty not done any in years.
need something to make computers interesting again and not just passive
watching tv on them or surfing the web skimming reading stuff.
mark

         Use this area to offer a short preview of your email's
content.    View
this email in your
browser<http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=ae79388489&e=e661d6b361>
                      Phew! Well that was NHTG 2014!
Thank you for coming and for building awesome stuff to improve public
services and government! We were blown away by the ideas and scope of what
was built and - we had a great time. We hope you did too!

For those who couldn't make it, you missed a great hack. And we missed you.
  New folk!
Hi to all those who haven't been to a Rewired State hack day before-  it
was great to meet you, I hope you enjoyed your time at NHTG and we all hope
to see you again soon.    Congratulations winners!
So many great projects were presented - you should all be proud of the
excellent ideas, technical and design talent that shone through over the
course of the weekend.

Here are the winning teams from across all centres:

London

   - Corkr
   <http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=a952b2abef&e=e661d6b361>-
   Plugging The Government's Digital Holes by Terence Eden, Mark Durrant,
   Marcello Seri,Orlando Kalossakas.
   - Alertin'Time<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=9f72f89e69&e=e661d6b361>by
Harry Rickards, Vesko Vankov
   - DataForce<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=2f383c796d&e=e661d6b361>by
Elliot Hughes, Dan Palmer
   - Shadow Mapping
LIDAR<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=77a76bc877&e=e661d6b361>by
Philippa Hack

Bournemouth

   - Mammon<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=c676c74acb&e=e661d6b361>by
Adam Jaggard
   - Take Me To<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=98c5adcd5a&e=e661d6b361>...
   by Andy Milsom
   - YourSpot
   <http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=e0dd1318d1&e=e661d6b361>by
   Matt Cheetham, Dan Tomlinson, Steve Schofield

Exeter

   - GET. OUT<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=67b464a52f&e=e661d6b361>
   .<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=b0342845ab&e=e661d6b361>by
Gray Marchiori-Simpson, James Bulmer and Phillip Po
   - Pathify<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=294b1d914b&e=e661d6b361>by
James Bulmer

Glasgow

   - Compute my Commute Carbon
Cost<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=551349e2c4&e=e661d6b361>by
Irina Preda & David Jones
   - Open Data Top Trump Top
Trumps<http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=82b6e3754e&e=e661d6b361>by
Ben Webb
   - Walking Routes & Awesome Hacks
   <http://rewiredstate.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=14dbc987f4493b4d35360668a&id=af0e4e764c&e=e661d6b361>by
   Robert McKeown & Kenny Coyle

Leeds

   - (URGENT If you participated in NHTG Leeds please add your hacks as
   soon as possible so we can prepare for the finalé!)

                                Next   We would love you to come to the
NHTG 2014 Finale which will be taking place on Thursday 1st May from 7-9pm.
There will be a chance to see the winning prototypes demoed and to meet
press, goverenment plus your NHTG peers from around the country.
Rewired State's Events
We have some VERY (and I'm not just saying that) exciting hack days coming
up (and not just in London) so keep you eyes on our event page and twitter.

Hack the Hack:
If there is anything we could have done better, let us know.

Re-live the weekend here!
Be nosey about what other people made here
Keep an eye open for the next hack days here and here
Watch what we got up to in London on a short video here
Spot yourselves in peoples photos here

Thanks for making it awesome.

See you soon.
RS Hack Team
x                    The Stats

   - 250 of you signed up -  95 of these have never attended a Rewired
   State event before.

   - The #NHTG14 hashtag got used in over 1,750

   - Over 40 projects created in just 30 hours

  *"This isn't just an event where you go and have fun. This is an event
with the ability to change. To start some very serious conversations. To
open up data. To connect data, users and councils all for good"  - Matthew
Simmons, Developer*

              *Copyright (c) *2014 Rewired State, All rights reserved.*
Thanks for signing up to Rewired State's National Hack the Government 2014

*Our mailing address is:*
Rewired State Ltd
Ordman House London
Unit 1, 26 Cleveland Road