[Wolves] PHP, Website etc work offered

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed May 21 13:30:28 UTC 2014

On 21/05/14 14:19, Stephen Parkes wrote:

> On 21 May 2014 14:06, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us
> <mailto:dick_turpin at archlinux.us>> wrote:
>
>     On 21/05/14 13:54, Wayne Morris wrote:
>      >
>      > Please email me with hourly rates or for a chat on
>     wayne at machx.co.uk <mailto:wayne at machx.co.uk>
>
>     That's exactly what we need! Sparkes put me on to a mate of his but
>     he seems to want to do us a new logo. Dump the wordpress site and
>     use Umbraco which I know nothing about. and we're looking at about
>     £1,200.00 to start off with.
>

> You asked for a graphic designer type so that's why he wants to redo the
> logo's :)  To be fair his logo work is top notch.
>
> I wouldn't go with Umbraco though.  It's riddled with more security
> holes than almost anything and compared to Wordpress it's a pain to
> update without breaking the look (at least in my experience).  If the
> guy I put you on to is sharing the work with his mate then that's where
> Umbraco has come from that's what they did for my employers before I had
> to rip it out during pen testing.
>
> As for Wayne's work I'd suggest putting a budget together and punting it
> out as a priced job rather than hourly.  I'd always rather work on a per
> job pricing for one ordinary folk don't seem to understand it's possible
> to work 20 hours in a day one week and fail to work 20 hours at all the
> next week and always query my time sheets :)

I'd actually like him to do the work and I'm not adverse to the logo redesign either I'd just want him to do a better theme for the wordpress website which technically shouldn't be that difficult. TBH for the Logo and the theme I think £350 - £400 is a fair price but I need to speak with the partners and then go back and beat him down on his £1,200.00 price. :-)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net