[Wolves] Ubuntu 14.10 and the smartphone project

Suntish T. Narain suntish at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 17 15:18:46 UTC 2014

Hello All,

It's been a long time since my last post here (Let alone the PGP session
that Ron did years back!) .. Just a quick question about Ubuntu for
smartphones.. Very likely a number of people have installed it already
(maybe not) and just wondering what's your view on this, in relation to /
comparing it to Android. I just want in terms of feasibility and functions.

I have not used Ubuntu (desktop) for a number of years now but planning of
getting back into it at some point in the coming days. For those of you who
have just started with Ubuntu, do you still need special tweaks to get the
best out of your graphics card or latest hardware? in terms of
collaboration tools (webex, or Lync, etc...) how easy is it now. The reason
is simply because Im planning of using Ubuntu as my main laptop for work.

Any comments will be highly appreciated. I did not want to be specific in
my questions so people can discuss what they think are their best features
in Ubuntu.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Suntish N.