[Wolves] Ubuntu 14.10 and the smartphone project

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 17:35:46 UTC 2014

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 16:17:51 +0100
"Suntish T. Narain" <suntish at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> It's been a long time since my last post here (Let alone the PGP
> session that Ron did years back!) .. Just a quick question about
> Ubuntu for smartphones.. Very likely a number of people have
> installed it already (maybe not) and just wondering what's your view
> on this, in relation to / comparing it to Android. I just want in
> terms of feasibility and functions.

I might know a little about this.  So most things work but it depends
on the apps you use as to how usable it will be for you.

> I have not used Ubuntu (desktop) for a number of years now but
> planning of getting back into it at some point in the coming days.
> For those of you who have just started with Ubuntu, do you still need
> special tweaks to get the best out of your graphics card or latest
> hardware? in terms of collaboration tools (webex, or Lync, etc...)
> how easy is it now. The reason is simply because Im planning of using
> Ubuntu as my main laptop for work.

Webex I understand works on ubuntu there is a linux client, GFX on the
whole you need to install nvidia and amd binary blobs but just work
without any other configuration.

--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)