[Wolves] Secondary School Work Experience students

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon Feb 23 14:06:26 UTC 2015

On 23/02/15 12:38, Adam Sweet wrote:

<snip>

> I quite like the idea of helping these students as employability skills
> is a big problem these days. A lot of people just don't know how to go
> about finding and going to work. It's also a nice opportunity to educate
> them that Linux and Open Source exists and is a viable alternative to
> Windows. As it turns out, most of them seem to have used a Raspberry Pi
> running Linux at school.

We used to do work experience every year, TBH that worked out far better than the apprentices we've had. The only thing to keep in mind (Based on our experiences over the years) most of the students you'll get are expecting to build PC's all day every day so expect pained looks when you ask them to do anything else. :-D