[Wolves] LIST - Meeting at "The Oddfellows"

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Mon Mar 30 08:46:28 UTC 2015

On 30 March 2015 at 09:12, Dave Morley <davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:29:54 +0100 Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:
>> Giving a new venue a try.
>>
>> http://www.oddfellowshallpub.co.uk
>>
>> Wed 1 Apr 2015/19:30 - 23:00
>> (No really, not a Joke!)

Ron is playing on widespread convention called April Fools. On the
first day of April many people play pranks and spin falsehoods in
order to provoke humorous results. The practice has become so common
and expected that many people publicly profess doubt about any
statement made on this day. Ron has anticipated this and by declaring
a clearly factual statement as not a joke he's gone one layer deeper.
Thus he's playing a referential (or Gödel-like) meta-fool joke, whilst
still maintaining internal consistency.

>> Compton
>> Wolverhampton
>> West Midlands WV6 8AA
>>
>> http://osm.org/go/eux6ZBG5l-?m=
>>
>> Eat, Drink and talk Linux
>>
>> Goes:
>> a. Ron Wellsted
> b. Dave (See now I think it's a joke) Morley
c. Alex (I've explained it, if it was a joke then it ain't now) Willmer

--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://twitter.com/moreati