[Wolves] Fwd: Re: Connection to server in gajim

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:50:14 UTC 2015

I'm using Gajim as I it runs OK on Raspberry Pi. Also, it currently does
encryption for text and may in future have encryption for voice (by ZRTP
or DTLS). I setup BOSH plugin which results in change to port 443 as the
author of a tutorial for Gajim on Raspberry Pi suggested doing so as
ISPs throttle the default port.

I haven't found any setting for Gajim in Preferences or Accounts for SSL
options or SSL certs. Please advise how to set these. Could it be the
Client Certificate file under Accounts? If so, where would I get one?

I've had no response from jabber.hot-chilli.net either by email or on
their site.

I also have the "Not connected to server" problem with jabber.at. This
problem occurs on both my Raspberry Pi and both & my Ubuntu Desktop &
Laptop. I've tried not using BOSH with no success on this problem.

If I get anywhere with gajim, I'll post to WLUG.

John