[Wolves] ubuntu on windows

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Apr 1 14:35:29 UTC 2016

On 1 April 2016 at 15:29, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:

> On 01/04/16 15:08, Stephen Parkes wrote:
>
> Lot's of Open Source stuff announced by MS recently.  The vast majority of
>> which is MIT licenced.  How is that not good.  Especially for an
>> unreconstructed capitalist like yourself MIT licencing should make you do
>> happy wee in your pants at the opportunities ;)
>>

> It is good, I've said it's good, why are you ignoring me saying it's good?
> I'm totally bemused.

Probably because the positives get lost in the rants ;)

Stop trying to get people to hate on MS.  We've all moved past that now.
We grew up and they noticed the rest of the world outside their windows,
the glass ones in the ivory tower I mean :)

Good things are happening.  Some of them come from companies that
previously didn't have a lot of good will in the community and some of them
get branded by a company that Pete doesn't like with their biggest and most
appropriate brand.  We all shook hands and backed away slowly.

sparkes