[Wolves] OTT: switching to external vga monitor

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:36:47 UTC 2016

thanks for pointing me right direction , i have tried the manual route
and it was not clear whether the bios appears on external screen.i had
forgotten that i had put this problem on hp forum and there was an
answer there to my problem with viewing the bios at boot up on
external monitor.

here link to hp forum question
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/switching-to-external-monitor-ASAP-so-i-get-into-BIOS-screen/m-p/5467874/highlight/false#M125443

looks like i will have to wait for funds to put a new lcd in it.

i hate laptops they so much more complex and they cut corners like vga
drivers not loading up before the bios or whatever the actually issue
is , still not 100% clear but does seem a bit of problem...

I wonder if i can grub to boot up from the hard drive maybe? can grub
be forced to display on external screen? i guess grub would have to
some sort of vga driver loaded to get it too display its wares.

mark