[Wolves] Microsoft SQL Announcement

Paul Salahuddin Armstrong paul.armstrong at aobm.org
Wed Mar 9 00:09:59 UTC 2016

Microsoft's involvement in Linux and open source is an interesting
development. One I guess we should cautiously welcome. As for Windows 10, I
don't much like it. The last Microsoft OS I actually liked, and still don't
mind using is Windows 7. I now use openSUSE for almost everything. Mostly
only use Windows now when I really need to use Adobe Creative Suite. Aside
from that, I can do everything else in Linux, and faster. Shocking how slow
even a fresh install of Windows runs on the same hardware as an up to date
distro of GNU/Linux!

On 8 March 2016 at 10:07, Stephen Welch <stephen at welchspace.co.uk> wrote:

> On 08/03/16 09:04, Simon Burke wrote:
> > So it appears that Microsoft announced yesterday that they are
> developing a
> > version of SQL server for Linux, based on SQL server 2016.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Either way it should be interesting to look at when it becomes available.
> As a employee of MS you were always in competition with your colleagues
> - they literally had a point scoring system for individual employees and
> then point scoring for teams, etc,etc
>
> They dropped this in favour of a new science they discovered called the
> art of collaboration and so far end result is Windows 10 and the Surface
> Pro - pretty good (as Windows OS go) in my book.
>
> You can install Linux on the 3 as well not sure about the 4 :-)
>
> Stephen

Mr Paul Salahuddin Armstrong

Co-Director, The Association of British Muslims.
Director, Khilafah Online Ltd.

Tel: (+44) 020 8133 0400

*Website: **www.paulsarmstrong.com <http://www.paulsarmstrong.com/>*

*LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/psarmstrong
<http://linkedin.com/in/psarmstrong>                   Skype:
paul.s.armstrong                   Facebook: SalahuddinAbuSophia
<http://www.facebook.com/SalahuddinAbuSophia>
 Twitter: @paulsarmstrong <http://twitter.com/paulsarmstrong>
     **Google+: **google.com/+PaulSalahuddinArmstrong
<http://google.com/+PaulSalahuddinArmstrong>*               *YouTube: abusophia
<http://www.youtube.com/abusophia>
 YouTube: saladinenglish <http://www.youtube.com/saladinenglish>
       Vimeo: **abusophia <http://vimeo.com/abusophia>*

*The Association of British Muslims: www.aobm.org <http://www.aobm.org/>*
*Khilafah Online Ltd: www.khilafahonline.com
<http://www.khilafahonline.com/>*

DISCLAIMER: This email and files transmitted are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, distribute or use it in any
unauthorised manner.