[Wolves] how to make a usb boot for a chromebook

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:39:45 UTC 2016

i been reading that chromebook update makes it possible to boot of usb
or sd card now but can't seem to find anything where iso to write to
the said device in my case usb pen just to it out and then i will put
on large 32gb sd card and hopefully swtich in like grub fashion
between plain chromebook os and chromebook running a version of linux(
i believe it too ubuntu arm?? is there any other distro like federao
etc)

I also reading there a version of android that can be booted but
getting very lost with all the different instructoin must of stuff i
read does not seem to work on my acer chromebook 13 cb5-311 i guess
there a special keys to press for each hardware.

anyway thx for pointing me right direction. i love the speed of the
chromebook ,, best of all it was a gift off a good friend i am very
lucky to have such a good friend

where iso for usb pen boot chromebook main q?
how to write iso to usb pen via ubuntu on a normal pc(toshiba laptop
with 1.5GB memory n dual core but runs very slow for some reason i am
using cublinx.com i may move to something else to give it a bit more
get up and go but i guess its hardware showing age - model equim-p200)
full details of toshiba laptop - http://pastebin.com/dvLURuDU

mark redditch