[Wolves] A LUG Project

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 14:33:43 UTC 2017

Hi Ron I think that this is an excellent idea.
I would argue that with most small clusters the main "product" is in fact education of those who build and use it.
The computational power of the nodes would be rather small and the power (electrical) quite high so this would effect the tasks it can do and who will want to pay for the electricity.

I'm not a great lover of the RPI but it may be more practical in terms of the educational scenario for the above reasons.
I'm currently reviewing the 1 and 4 RPI Bitscope carrier boards this would put a 4 node cluster in the range of a deep pocket in a dirty rain Mac ;-)

Over the year the power saved would pay for it's self, Ron how do you intend hosting or giving access to the cluster to interested club members?

John A