[Wolves] IBM to buy Red Hat

Richard Barker rtbarker2004 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:52:40 UTC 2018

Good point, though I admit I was thinking more along the lines of a
complete takeover by the likes of Google/Microsoft.

On reflection, it's probably time to try Debian with Cinnamon or XFCE.

On 29 Oct 2018 12:53 pm, "Peter Cannon via Wolves" <
wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

On 29/10/2018 12:38, Richard Barker via Wolves wrote:
> I'm going to cast my vote for the "wait and see" party as well.
>
> I'm not going to be surprised if Canonical are eventually the target of a
> takeover, but I'd be more likely to jump to a distro like Debian that's
not
> beholden to a single corporate master.

Aye? Mark Shuttleworth is already selling to some venture capitalists,
that's why we had the Night of the Long knives when a large portion of
the workforce were culled.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net
https://mastodon.org.uk/@dick_turpin
https://twitter.com/dick_turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk
https://plus.google.com/100694334141523232451/posts
Podcast: http://tdtrs.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind."