[Wolves] New toy

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 21 15:31:01 UTC 2019

 I did a similar thing to a model A when they came out some years ago now ..Quite fun and a Zero W would be a much better match now they are about.
An ESP32 though would be much better again with better low power modes and even cheaper than the Zero !John  Alexander

    On Friday, 19 July 2019, 17:21:15 BST, Stephen Parkes via Wolves <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

 On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 17:11, Adam Sweet via Wolves <
wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> On 18/07/2019 22:44, Stephen Welch via Wolves wrote:
>
> > Thinking of getting some to build some air quality sensors and then
> > re-build a weather station so its like Micheal Fish on drugs.
> >

> That's an interesting idea, I hadn't though of that. I'd be interested
> to hear how that goes and what kind of sensors you use etc.

We've had a Maplins weather station running for a few years now tweeting
as @Wton_Weather and I added some extra sensors to a Raspbery Pi Zero W I
had setup to capture time lapse photos of the sky to feed extra data into
the program Jennie runs to capture all the weather data but after killing
so many Pi Zero W's with poor soldering (well poor lead free solder, it was
shit) I think it was effecting world supply so I backed off adding extra
stuff to it.  The final iteration of that project is currently missing.  I
thought I left it in the garden and can't find it.  Don't want to ask
because SWMBO might have something to say about the pollution my Pi
consumption generates.  :)

Steve