[Wolves] LUG State of the Nation Address

Andy Chamberlain triumph900 at talktalk.net
Mon Jun 17 15:46:50 UTC 2019

Hi Adam,

I agree with everything in your email.

I am not much use technically regarding Linux but as a user I do at
least have practical experience of the operating system.

As regards events, I think ten pin bowling is an ever popular activity
with most people.

I did say I would get info on boat trips but I have been so involved
with the Museums on the Air radio event at Northycote Farm it went out
of my mind. I will find out info by the next meeting. Talking of
Northycote Farm, I wonder if a LUG/LInux event might be possible there.
They do have wifi, we were using it at the weekend. I have a good
relationship with the farm manager and he is interested in computing and
radio. The Farm comes under Wolverhampton Council and to get the radio
event on involved 14 pages of documentation!!  It was not as bad as it
sounds but there may be some rules and regs I don't know about relating
to putting something on. I am more than happy to ask the question if you
think the idea has any mileage!!

I am also heavily involved with the Cruse 2019 Gala so very busy all
round but it keeps my aging brain cell active!!

Regards

Andy