[Wolves] (off topic) casting android mobile too old plasma tv

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 21:16:52 UTC 2019

On 14/06/2019 20:36, Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint via Wolves wrote:
> I have x96max android connect to hdmi on plasma tv (can not afford too
> replace) the android was a free gift off a friend who upgraded too better
> one.
>
> I am.trying to find the correct android app for x96mac to get it too
> display the screen off my mobile.
>
> hope that makes sense.

A quick Google suggests Mimecast perhaps? Some other devices like a Now
TV box and Chromecasts also support receiving a screencast.

It also depends on whether your phone is capable of casting in the first
place. Looking it up, screen casting was introduced in Android 4.4.2. If
your phone runs an earlier Android you might be able to add casting by
installing Mimecast or some other app, but they might still depend on
the Android OS providing the functionality to enable screencasting in
the first place.

Ad