[Wolves] Raspberry Pi 4

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Jun 24 13:58:09 UTC 2019

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 14:52, Adam Sweet via Wolves <
wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> For those that haven't heard yet, the Raspberry Pi 4 was announced today:
>
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/
>
> Highlights include:
>
> * 64 bit quad core 1.5 GHz ARM CPU
> * Performance comparable to entry level x86 PCs
> * 1, 2 or 4GM RAM, for £35, £45 or £55
> * Dual 4k HDMI outs
> * Full bandwidth 1Gb ethernet
> * 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz b/g/n/ac wireless
> * Bluetooth 5.0
> * PoE
> * Requires 2.5A USB C power supply
>
> I'd really like to give one a whirl to see how it performs but I don't
> really have a use case for one that isn't currently met by my existing
> ones :/
>
> Ad

I may try and make a laptop out of one to see how that goes.

The obvious use case I have for one is a mini arcade cab since I have
pretty much everything else that it requires waiting to go but the other
half will spot that taking shape :)

She has already pointed out that if I buy one it will end up with all the
others and the unfinished projects they are paired with.

sparkes