[Wolves] Ubuntu UK Real Ale Train 2020

Iain Cuthbertson iain at cuth.uk
Wed Feb 5 11:50:57 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-02-05 at 11:10 +0000, Adam Sweet via Wolves wrote:
> On 04/02/2020 16:21, Iain Cuthbertson via Wolves wrote:
> > Hi peeps,
> > I'm organising the Ubuntu UK RAT for 2020.
> > Haven't done so myself since 2016, so it's about time for a
> > newgathering.
> > I know Hampshire isn't exactly next door to Wolverhampton, but
> > that'snot stopping me from going!
> > In case anybody is interested as to what's going on, have a look
> > at:* The event page from 2016 -
> > https://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-uk/3350-real-ale-train-2016/
> > * The current date poll for 2020 -
> > https://doodle.com/poll/ih8maphziqdvrbt5
> >
> > Once a common date is found, a new event page will be created
> > includingdetails on joining us.
>
> Cheers Iain
> As I said in person, I doubt I'll be able to go for various
> personalreasons this year, though I would if I could.
> For the benefit of others, is this something aimed in particular at
> theWolves and Hants LUG people, or the Ubuntu community, or a more
> generalthing for UK Linux people?
> Ad
Hi Ad,
This is an open event for anybody really.
It started as a gathering for Ubuntu UK loco (#ubuntu-uk on freenode
IRC), but has expanded to friends and friends of friends.
You met a few of the extras at OggCamp; such as Will and Dave.
The majority of people will have some Linux interest, but it's not a
requirement. Hayley has great fun.
The RAT is a public event, we won't have the whole train to ourselves
;)
Depending upon turnout, we've occupied 4 or so tables in a carriage.
Cheers,Iain