[Wolves] Visual Studio Code Runs on Linux allows you to code FPGAs and CPLDs via Vivado

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:56:05 UTC 2020

I'm no programmer and I haven't really used an IDE in 15 years so I
don't have recent much basis for comparison, but I do have VS Code
installed and it does seem pretty nice with plugins for most languages.

It seems to have come a long way in terms of third-party plugins and
integrations since it was first released and despite being from
Microsoft, it is Open Source.

Anybody else using VS Code?

(FWIW I had to hack the subject line to be Wolves since I received it on
three different mailing lists and mailman or Gmail seem to have given me
one copy with [Shropshire] in the subject. This might break mail threads
for some people).

Ad