[Wolves] Doodle?

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:58:31 UTC 2020

On 03/03/2020 11:54, Richard Sheppard via Wolves wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Would you guys be averse to using doodle.com for confirming meeting
> attendances? Something like this:
> https://doodle.com/poll/fbbqnuzbnc47pwse ?

My first thought, without looking at it, was to say I'd rather keep
everything on-list, partly so people don't have to make an extra step
just to add themselves or see who's coming as the information is just in
front of you already in your mail client.

I'm also reluctant to use third party services unless they significantly
benefit us. I'm conscious of the risk of history loss if the service
went away or paid only (maybe I'm just a hoarder). I certainly wouldn't
want people to have to create an account, or for us to have to pay to
use it for our events.

That said, it does appear to be free to use, doesn't require responders
to have an account and would help keep the list clean of formatting
destruction due passing through numerous mail clients and people
orphaning each others responses when replying. I'm aware that my
'hoarding' point above is of little practical value. I'd consider using
it for the next meeting perhaps, unless others have meaningful
objections. I haven't looked at their privacy policy or data processing
terms to see if they contain anything concerning for example.

Does anybody else have any feelings on the matter?

Ad