[Wolves] What's Your Linux Machine?

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 12:39:39 UTC 2020

> So, what is your Linux machine?

My desktop is an Intel Skull Canyon NUC (i7 cpu, 2.6Ghz) with 32gb ram
and 2 Samsung NVME things ( e.g.
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-nuc-skull-canyon-i7-6770hq-quad-core-26ghz-ddr4-2x-m2-iris-pro-graphics-580-barebone
)

It has three 27" Dell monitors (variants of
https://www.ebuyer.com/862205-dell-ultrasharp-27-qhd-infinityedge-monitor-dell-u2719d
).

My laptop is currently an intel i7 based PIxelbook ( via ebay ). While
the touch screen, hardware and battery life areĀ  good, it's performance
and relatively small screen aren't so it's only really used for
email/web browsing/netflix etc.

I've been toying with the idea of changing my desktop to an AMD Ryzen
based system but have been stalling as what I have seems to "just work",
and I'm not sure it'd be significantly faster.

David.