[Wolves] What's Your Linux Machine?

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:24:12 UTC 2020

On 09/03/2020 20:57, John Alexander via Wolves wrote:
> Any one doing anything cute with the RPI cameras BTW?
I wouldn't call it cute but I have an RPi with camera running ZoneMinder
sitting in my office window as a security camera with motion detection.

I've been intending to replace it with something a bit more modern like
Shinobi with a couple of real physical security cameras but it seems
that a lot of the more 'affordable' cameras these days use an app for
configuration which requires access to a vendor cloud service, a
subscription to store video and can't be contained to run entirely
locally. I'm at the stage of considering cameras. I'd use another couple
of Pis but I'd be limited to putting them in windows rather than outdoors.

I would have liked to have attended the CCTV talk they had at Staffs LUG
not long back, watch a stream of it, or even just read the slides but it
would have been something like a 3 hour round trip.

Ad