[Wolves] CANCELLED - Meeting at the Royal Tiger, Wednesfield

baden powell badens at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:24:05 UTC 2020

Hi Ad,

Well done you re taking on the lead for Wolveslug by the way, hope you can
roll with it for a good while :-)

I'm just north of the M54, just off the A449 ( a vague memory has you
nearby once upon a time ).

After having an MRI scan last year I was diagnosed with 4 TIAs, and have
thus pretty well stopped driving at night -- I get dazzled too easily for
comfort. That said, if the roads are well lit and known, I manage pretty
well.

Ron's suggestions of Jitsi and Jami both look worthy, do we know what Slug
have gone for ( I'm presuming they're mulling over a similar move )?
Certainly Open Source is way to go.

I'm at home most of the day most days, so am happy to do what I can to help
get summat in place, and in fact would vote for holding a virtual meet this
evening, even if it was simply to test stuff for the next one. Being nimble
is a good thing....

As to weekly vs fortnightly, this virtual approach probably lends itself to
more frequent meetups... however no doubt others will have a view on that.

atb,