[Wolves] Test Video Conference

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 17:42:06 UTC 2020

 Isnt Zoom offering some competitive pricingĀ  over the next 3 months?Not sure what they were but not too bad!
John A

    On Monday, 23 March 2020, 17:35:21 GMT, Mark Rogers via Wolves <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

 To those who have spun up a copy of Jitsi to test, what sort of server
spec does it need?

I'm thinking of setting one up for some local charity meetings.

Whilst personally the freedom aspect of Jitsi ticks great boxes, to
get us through the next few months a paid subscription to Zoom would
suffice. For that sort of money I can get a 3GB 1 vCPU VM (or 2GB 2
vCPU, or 1GB 3 vCPU options depending on whether it's CPU or memory it
wants most of) for self hosting Jitsi. I'm looking at hosting meetings
of maybe 30-40 people (probably less), does Jitsi make sense?

Mark