[Wolves] Talk: John Alexander - Making Hardware Work, 10th February

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 15:12:58 UTC 2021

    On Wednesday, 3 February 2021, 13:41:55 GMT, Adam Sweet via Wolves <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

 As mentioned previously, John Alexander will be giving a talk on the
evening of 10th Feb entitled:

Making it work - how to break incompatibility and dependency hell for
your HW without mashing your desktop.

This will be a brief overview of Linux features we can use to get
awkward, custom or unusual hardware working without destroying your
system or descending into madness.

Please show your support for John and help us bootstrap an audience for
future events and speakers.

Meeting starts at 19:30, Weds 10th February.

The talk will start around 20:30.

Location:

https://meet.intrbiz.net/wolveslug

Instructions:

You don't need to install any software, you just need a web browser.
Click the above link and allow it to use your webcam and microphone when
asked. If you have a microphone headset please use it. Wired network is
more reliable than wifi.

When you join the conference, please click the chat icon in the bottom
left (looks like a squarish speech bubble) and set your name so we know
who you are if we don't recognise you or can't see you.

Jitsi works best in Chrome or Chromium but if you have any problems try
Firefox.

Please put your names below.

Goes:
1. Ad2. John Alexander(I best be coming) ;-)

Late/Maybe:

No Goes: