[Wolves] Talk: John Alexander - Making Hardware Work, 10th February

Amrik Singh amo005 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:43:04 UTC 2021

As we're opening this talk out to a wider audience than just ourselves, we've decided to host this with Zoom rather than Jitsi, just in case it turns out to be more popular than Jitsi can handle.

Updated details below.
As mentioned previously, John Alexander will be giving a talk on the evening of 10th Feb entitled:

Making it work - how to break incompatibility and dependency hell for your hardware without mashing your desktop.

This will be a brief overview of Linux features we can use to get awkward, custom or unusual hardware working without destroying your system or descending into madness.

Please show your support for John and help us bootstrap an audience for future events and speakers.

Date:
Meeting starts at 19:30, Weds 10th February.

The talk will start around 20:30.

Location:
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89432551454

Meeting ID: 894 3255 1454

No password for this one, but you will need to wait in the virtual lobby before being allowed in.

Instructions:
You will need to install the Zoom client:

https://zoom.us/download

Once installed just click the meeting link above to join the conference.

If that doesn't work for you, you can start the Zoom client and paste in the meeting ID. You don't need a Zoom account to participate.

If you end up stuck waiting in the lobby for more than a minute or two then maybe post here as the moderator may not have noticed you waiting.

Please put your names below.

Goes:
1. Ad
2. John Alexander(I best be coming) ;-)