[Wolves] Linux Kernel 5.12

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 11:07:47 UTC 2021

Hi,

More details are available now.
There are actually two separate swap file bugs.
1) the bug which was introduced in v5.12-rc1 via 48d15436fde6 ("mm:
remove get_swap_bio"), which affected swapfiles running on regular
block devices
2) there is an issue on all kernels since v3.16-rc1 when dd6bd0d9c7db
was introduced, but it is applicable only to setups with swapfiles on
filesystems sitting on top of brd, zram, btt or pmem. I.e. It is only
applicable to swapfiles on top of blockdevs that can do page io
without the block layer.

So, watch out (back to kernel 3.16) if you use the following file
systems:  brd, zram, btt or pmem.

Kind Regards

James