[Wolves] Talk: Adam Sweet - Password Cracking With a GPU, 17th March

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:56:27 UTC 2021

In next week's meeting on 17th March I will be giving a talk entitled:

Password Cracking With a GPU and Why Complexity Matters

This will be a demo of password cracking, how you can accelerate it
using a regular graphics card and why the issues of complexity, storage
and re-use matter.

As you know by now but I'm a Linux sysadmin and consultant with 15 years
experience. I'm the organiser of Wolves LUG, was a presenter on the
LugRadio podcast and organiser of the UKs largest annual Linux community
conference LugRadio Live before founding a Linux and Open Source support
and consultancy business.

Meeting starts at 19:30, Weds 17th March.

The talk will start around 20:30.

Location:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81478560717

Meeting ID: 814 7856 0717

No password for this one, but you will need to wait in the virtual lobby
before being allowed in.

Instructions:

You will need to install the Zoom client:

https://zoom.us/download

Once installed just click the meeting link above to join the conference.

If that doesn't work for you, you can start the Zoom client and paste in
the meeting ID. You don't need a Zoom account to participate.

If you end up stuck waiting in the lobby for more than a minute or two
then maybe post here as the moderator may not have noticed you waiting.

Please put your names below.

Goes:
1. Ad
2. Dave J