[Wolves] Talk: Greg Kurtzer and R. Leigh Hennig from the Rocky Linux Project

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 18:50:00 UTC 2021

I'm getting this one out early as it's just confirmed and we expect it
to be popular. It's a big deal getting these guys to speak to us when
they're just about to go massive.

After the news that CentOS 8 will be end of life this year and
transition to a rolling release model, Greg Kurtzer, original founder of
the CentOS project announced Rocky Linux, a free, community-run drop in
replacement for CentOS and RHEL.

Within days, a community sprang up to build the project infrastructure,
and plan a sustainable model for the future. Following a whirlwind 3
months, the first release candidate of Rocky Linux is expected by 31st
March 2021 with an official release by mid-2021.

Greg and Director of Operations R. Leigh Hennig will be talking about
the formation and status of Rocky Linux, answer questions that sysadmins
might have about migrating a CentOS system to Rocky Linux and how users
can contribute to the success of Rocky Linux.

Meeting starts at 19:30 GMT, Weds 28th April 2021.

The talk will start around 20:30.

Location:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81243723483?pwd=dUE0cnRDbWZZL0ZtNXdjSnRWN1NpUT09

Meeting ID: 812 4372 3483
Passcode: 7WhRcOY6Up

If you'd like to attend, please register via the meetup.com link below
so we can keep track of attendance numbers:

https://www.meetup.com/novalug/events/276971015/

Very excited about this one. Please get involved.

Ad