[Wolves] Ott wrong dvbs card Ordered wrong dvbs

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:08:23 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have exactly that card.
The open source (Linux kernel upstream) Linux driver says all is OK in
dmesg, but I could not get it to work. I could get it to tune to any
channels.
TDS publish a Linux driver for it, but it is for a very old kernel
version. That driver does work in Linux, but it uses a binary blob .o
file to get it to work.
A long time ago, I intended to reverse engineer it to make its driver
open source, but got sidetracked and never finished.
FYI. The driver uses some sort of proprietary encryption method to
upload the firmware to the card, and that method is not in linux
kernel upstream.

To be fair, I did not try very long, trying to get the open source
driver to work, so with a little more time it might, but looking at
the kernel source code, it had no code doing the encrypted firmware
upload, so I don't see how it could work.

Using the TDS drivers, it worked very nicely in Linux, and I even got
a Sky smart card linked up to it, in mythtv, so I could view sky tv on
my Desktop.

Kind Regards

James