[Wolves] Anyone fancy being my successor?; Linux job, Telford.

Simon Burke simon at samandsimon.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 13:59:26 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

So after nearly 8 years, I'm leaving my current employer early next year,
and the company is currently looking for my replacement. There would be a
handover period with myself.

In an attempt to help find my successor, below is the job spec they have
put out, and I am more than happy to answer any questions regarding the
role off list.
Applications can be made to info_AT_midlandcomputers.com.

Company location: Halesfield, Telford.
Position: Systems Administrator
Quoted Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 a year

Job Spec:

Maintaining and administering a 99.9% ISP infrastructure and
> customer-facing server uptime. Planning.
>
> Installing and implementing replacement infrastructure and solutions,
> within the in-house datacentre.
>
> * Proven knowledge of Linux, Debian and Ubuntu
> * Working knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, PHP)
> * Experience of managing Mikrotik Equipment
> * Working Knowledge of WebServers (NGINX, Apache)
> * Working Knowledge of SQL servers (MySQL, MSSQL)
> * Working Knowledge of LoadBalancing (HAProxy, NGINX)
> * Understanding of Virtualisation technologies (VMWare, LXC, HyperV)
> * Practical understanding of Networking and Firewalls. (including VRRP,
> and traffic shaping).
> * Working Knowledge of Postfix and Anti-spam technologies
> * 3 years or more Business Systems I.T experience
>

> Additional pay: Yearly bonus (paid quarterly)
>
> Schedule: Monday to Friday (core hours 9-5, half hour lunch, 40hrs per
> week)
>
> Experience: system administration: 3 years (preferred)

Regards,
Simon