[Wolves] Off topic anyone with a laser cutter?

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 08:31:22 UTC 2022

"to remove the rear springs on a Peugeot 305 Estate or Van (this also will
apply to the Citroen C15 Van).

A special tool is used to compress the springs, because of the design of
the back axle ordinary spring compressors will not work, there are some
examples on the internet of other ways to remove the springs by making up
tools but luckily i spotted a spring compressor on ebay and bought it, the
cost was split between myself and my cousin who is also restoring a 305 van.

As my daily job is working in the drawing office of an engineering company
i drew up the spring compressor in Solidworks, the parts are also saved as
DXF files so you can possibly have them cut out with a plasma or laser
cutter. The link for the spring compressor drawings is here:
 https://drive.google.com/drive/folder...
If you have any questions about it feel free to ask.

I am stripping down the back axle to completely refurbish it, when the car
was driving it made a plethora of noises, from squeaks to loud thumps over
bumps so the best thing to do will be to replace all of the bushes, and
bump stops, aswell as the shocks which seem a bit soft now. I also plan to
get the axle sandblasted and possibly painted or anodised depending on the
cost"

https://youtu.be/LVPv8410oLQ