[Wolves] OT: Camera negative processing.

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sun Jun 18 21:27:05 UTC 2023

Hi,

Besides the drivers from the free software "sane" project
(http://www.sane-project.org/, which we use for one of our scanners, a
very old flatbed one): we've used VueScanner software
(https://www.hamrick.com/) for a PlusTek 8200i which which should have
negative support.

VueScanner is commercial software but the list of scanners is huge and
it worked for us (sane project didn't have support for PlusTek 8200i
when we used it).

On 17 Jun 2023 at 22:29:15, John Alexander via Wolves wrote:

> Probably one of those negative scanners they sell for aroung £50++ for the folks backing up their personal collection should be OKfor Example :
> DIGITNOW!High Resolution 135 Film/Slide Scanner, Slide Viewer and Convert 35mm Negative Film &Slide to Digital JPEG Save into SD Card , with Slide Mounts Feeder No Computer/Software Required.
>

> |  |  |

> |  |
> DIGITNOW!High Resolution 135 Film/Slide Scanner, Slide Viewer and Conver...
>
> Size Name:M125 Features: Have any old 35mm films or slides? Here's the perfect device to help you easily organiz...

> not tried it but shows whats about ...it may appear as a Linux scanner device or at least have some windows S/Wit's a time vs Money vs effort trade off ....yes there is Open source stuff but it all depends on how much effort you want to put in
>
> JA
>

>     On Saturday, 17 June 2023 at 09:58:31 BST, Sam Burke via Wolves <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
> I have a load of camera negatives, and I'm currently trying to find suggestions as to where I can scan them into digital images?
> Simon, suggested I posted incase anyone here could assist.
> Thanks,Sam--
>

> --

Carles Pina i Estany
https://carles.pina.cat || Wiktionary translations: https://kamus.pina.cat