[Wylug-admin] Web site

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 16:46:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 02:51:04PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I note the website has the next meeting as being 13 Mar 2006...

Yep, you're not the first to note the fact.

The immediate blame is entirely mine.

My lame excuse is that the current site is a pain in the backside to
maintain via ssh (i.e. bash and vim configs which trip my fingers up at
what seems like every keystroke).

When I've only got half an hour or so to get out notices before
travelling to some job or other, it's much easier to post an email than
it is to post on the website.

I've been trying to get some sort of simple CMS installed since last
summer.

Unfortunately, and perfectly understandably, the University admins have
security concerns but have not had the time to evaluate/test any of the
alternatives.

If we can't get anything sorted out soon, I'd suggest we get something
up and running elsewhere and get the University to redirect in the short
term.  We could perhaps move back to the Uni once their issues have been
resolved.

As I've told several people, I've set aside a block of time in August to
get this done and I've had a couple of offers of help.

Dave