[Wylug-admin] New Website

Dave Fisher wylug-admin at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 16:35:39 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I've been tinkering with the test setup for the new site.

If you're curious, you can view it at

  http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/wylug/blog

The intention is to serve this from http://wylug.org fairly soon.

Note: there are no new news articles at present, hence an empty front
page ... but you can browse the 'About WYLUG' section.

I'm inclined to junk a lot of the 'far too obvious' and dated stuff from
the old site, but do intend to recover all the talk notes.

Suggestions for new content will be gratefully recieved.

If you want to write some content, just let me know and I'll create an
account for you  ... I'd prefer to tell you default passwords over the
phone, so a reminder of your number would be helpful.

Please don't be too critical. I'm well aware of the basic deficiencies.

My first priority, is simply to port the worthwhile stuff from the old
site.

Then I'll work on essential new content.

Then I'll fix the main annoyances with wordpress's default config (e.g.
using mod_rewrite to get decent urls).

Then I'll work on discretionary new content.

Dave