[Wylug-admin] monday's meeting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 11:18:06 UTC 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007, James Holden wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:19:51PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Have you seen Metisse?  The new LXF has a Mandriva live dvd with it.
> > It's supposed to be a compromise between eye candy and getting work done.
> >  It could be interesting to see both.
> >
> > Anne
>
> No, I've not seen it. It looks interesting though - if I can get it
> going then we could have a little comparison.

Beyond curiosity I've not much interest in this 3D stuff.  Having the
impression that it would need the proprietary drivers working, too,
discouraged me from exploring compiz and beryl.  However, I tried the live
DVD from LXF on my laptop, and the rotate and fold worked without a problem,
so there may be some merit in this.

I assume that you have access to a copy of LXF and the disk?

Anne