[Wylug-admin] Easter Monday [COCK-UP]

Dave Fisher wylug-admin at davefisher.co.uk
Sat Mar 31 17:41:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 11:59:48AM +0100, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> On Monday 26 March 2007, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
> > Could anyone who is interested, reply ASAP.
> April 2nd is fine by me.
> --
> Phil Driscoll

Oh Dear,

As you know I consulted this list and announced that we would be meeting
on Monday 2 April 2007. Jim Jackson has just pointed out a couple of
fairly serious problems with that.

It turns out that Hudlug meet on the first Monday of the month and that
Jim himself was preparing to speak to Wylug on April 16th.

I knew that there was a possible clash with Hudlug, but my (false)
impression was that such a clash would occur if we shifted our meeting
to Tuesday 10 April 2007.  Obviously, that impression was quite wrong.

Having talked with Jim, my gut feeling is that it would be better to
postpone until April 16th, than to go ahead with an ad hoc meeting in
two days time without a proper speaker.

Obviously making this change at such a late date is going to cause some
confusion.  So I'd like to get opinions from members of this list before
I put out a formal announcement of the postponement.

Please ASAP.  I'd prefer to get the announcement out this evening if
possible, or by Sunday morning at the latest.

Dave