[Wylug-admin] Easter Monday [COCK-UP]

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Sun Apr 1 09:22:31 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 09:49:47AM +0100, Mark P. Conmy wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> >
> >Dave
> >
> >I'd vote for postponement to the 16th with the following proviso:
> >A small number of us (I'll volunteer) turn up at the door to the Stoner
> >building from about 6.30 to explain the situation to anyone who hasn't
> >spotted the email and to invite anyone who turns up to join us for a drink
> >in
> >the Victoria instead :)
> >
> >You could mention in your postponement email that there will be a social
> >gathering in the Vic anyway.
>
> This sounds like a sensible way forward.

Indeed it is.

Unfortunately, while you were writing that, I was sending out the
postponement announcement and another message about using the originally
scheduled time for a video working group meeting.

I'm more than happy to correct myself yet again, but I suspect that the
most sensible thing to do in order to avoid any further confusion, is
for me to follow Phil's suggestion with one ammendment:

  The volunteer(s) on the Stoner building door, redirect anyone who has
  come for the normal WYLUG meeting to the Town Hall Tavern

I don't think that there would be much problem combining the video group
meeting with a social gathering, and this might also be an opportunity
to trial my proposed move from the Vic to the Town Hall Tavern for
normal meetings.

The Town Hall Tavern has better beer, is easier to access, and has large
alcoves in which our entire group could sit confortably together.

Dave

P.S. I volunteer to stand at the Stoner building from 6.30 onwards,
but I'd apreciate it if someone with a car was also there ... so that I
could slip off to welcome early arrivals at the Town Hall Tavern while
the driver could bring latercomers down with them in the car.