[Wylug-admin] Web pages and lists of groups

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 00:07:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 02:52:51PM +0000, Mark P. Conmy wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Dave Fisher wrote:
> >On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:06:23AM +0000, Dave Fisher wrote:
> >>
> >>Oh hell.
> >>
> >>I'll try to clean it up, but I'm not sure whether I have the permissions
> >>to upgrade the software (cc'd to Mark Conmy for this purpose).
> >
> >OK, it looks like I can upgrade wordpress, but it seems that database
> >needs updating too, and I don't know if I can do that.
> >
> >Mark?
>
> The database instance or the RDBMS version?

There's a PHP upgrade script which comes with wordpress, but it seems to
be failing.  I've tried turning on display of PHP errors and we get
this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 58368 bytes) in
/export/csweb1_a/csweb1_www/wylug/wp-admin/includes/schema.php on line 34

That seems to be in the middle of a big string literal containing a
whole load of SQL, so either something screwy is going on or PHP is
reporting the wrong position for the error.

Bit stumped at this point.  Any ideas?

   Geoff/Dave