[Wylug-admin] Organizing WYLUG

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Sat May 3 16:11:59 UTC 2008

Hi Tom,

On Sat, 3 May 2008, Tom Hall wrote:

> Keep (in my case get)  in contact with University over use/booking of
> venue (who? how?)
> Collect keys and open/close venue for meetings.

You need to contact Mark Conmy, IT Manager for the Faculty of Engineering.
I've Cc'd mark into this, though I'm pretty sure he is on the wylug-admin
list.

> Re: organising talks,
> I would not mind being nominally in charge of this, I assume others
> will muck in and I know so many people are up to cool stuff that we
> should be able to get some good talks organised.

It's good to have people suggest speakers, and for people to volunteer.
Everyone can help with that - the key function is co-ordination. The buck
has to stop somewhere when doing things like confirming dates with
speakers, and (metaphorically) kicking the lists when we don't have
speakers etc.

I am considerably heartened by the activity. I was expecting a period of
the doldroms. Good luck.

Jim