[Wylug-admin] Re: admin wiki - openness

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Sat May 3 10:30:01 UTC 2008

Just my opinion on open-ness:  The wylug-admin stuff does appear to be a
bit secret to an outsider - I'm sure not deliberately.  I'd recommend
doing everything we can to encourage contributions on the running of
wylug so we need to do more to open this up.  The wiki would probably be
a good start.  Let's make it as public as we can.

If there is information we have a good reason to keep private on there
(organisers or speakers phone numbers perhaps), we can easily make just
those parts of it private (DokuWiki supports this).  Maybe just a
general wiki, with a wylug-admin section (DokuWiki does "namespaces"),
with some private bits if necessary.

WYLUG obviously has bigger problems to solve right now, but I think it'd
be good to start out right.

John.

--
http://johnleach.co.uk