[Wylug-admin] re. use of University Room...

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Wed May 7 14:56:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 03:13:49PM +0100, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Maybe I should have said this earlier, or Dave should have.
>
> At the end of last year, several H&S issues were raised by the university.
> The issues are still outstanding, unless Dave knows otherwise.

I should have mentioned it. I probably just assumed that everyone knew
about it.

The bottom line is that a range of bureaucratic issues have caused us
quite a bit of grief (e.g. relying on university staff to fix security
problems with the web site) have caused several of us to consider
alternatives.

No one, so far as I know, has got much further than considering the
possibility of a split with the Uni.

I can see both pros and cons of breaking our links with the Uni.

My biggest concern is that we don't end up in a worse situation, by a
knee-jerk reaction to the obvious frustrations of the current situation.

Drawing up a cannonical list of our requirements/wishes might be
a good place to start discussing the issue.

Dave