[Wylug-admin] re. use of University Room...

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Sat May 10 20:02:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Tom Hall wrote:

>> I think someone needs to discuss things with mark.
>> Anything else would end up as chinese whispers.
>
> I have mailed Mark off-list, immediately I found out I had to.
> I assume had I not emailed him or he saw the list he would have been
> opening up on Monday or was each month arranged separately?
> Perhaps if you could open up as usual Jim and we bump any discussion
> about future plans till after, so at least we can get the announcment
> out. I still do nt know if Mark or Jim fulfilled the role of "member
> of the University who is also willing to take responsibility for
> security, H&S and so on"

I suspect that, up until 2 and a half years ago, while I was employed
within the School of Computing, then I fullfilled the role. Since then, I
have, for all except 2 months been employed for one day a week, by a
different dept in the uni. Up until a big Uni H&S audit last year (after a
few serious H&S breaches in the uni, though not in computing), that could
have been enough. Since the Uni has tightened up, that was not necessarily
enough, and Dave had been going to discuss things with the uni.

As things turn out, I doubt I will be there on Monday.

> I think we have done a good job of rallying round to take over the
> organisation of WYLUG, with little notice.

Indeed.