[Wylug-admin] Fwd: Removal from Google's index

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 08:41:19 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 Jul 2008, Mark P. Conmy wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> > Would someone care to pick this up, please
>
> And urgently!
I don't have access to the machine so I can't directly do anything about this.
However, if someone can give me ftp or ssh access I will get the wordpress
installation out of the way and put a static index page on there which just
announces the next meeting and links into the university website for maps
etc.

We can then decide what to do with the website on a more permanent basis. At
our recent meeting at the Scarborough, it was suggested that we have a static
html site so we never get into these kind of difficulties. I can't remember
whether we all agreed on that, I just remember that I did :)
--
Phil Driscoll