[Wylug-admin] Fwd: Removal from Google's index

Louisa Parry louisa at louisaparry.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 10:13:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 10:24 +0100, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> On Thursday 10 Jul 2008, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> > Dunno, but whoever it is just seems to have removed the pages.
> If whoever has removed the pages wants to get in touch with me, I've prepared
> an interim home page which will do as a stop gap.

There is a difference about who has access to remove the pages/offending
links within Wordpress (ie, anyone with a higher-level WP account - me,
Paul, John, Geoff and Dave - and anyone else who wants one) and people
who have access to actually managing the box it sits on (Dave? Mark?).

The people with WP accounts can't do anything to upgrade the system or
fix security bugs etc - that needs to be done at the box level.