[Wylug-admin] who gets wylug at wylug.org.uk ...

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 09:00:41 UTC 2008

On 23 Jul 2008, at 17:49, Mark P. Conmy wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>> On 23 Jul 2008, at 13:04, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>>
>>> The expansion of wylug at wylug.org.uk is done in a .forward file on
>>> lug.org.uk
>>
>> it expanded to my and wylug at comp.leeds.ac.uk - which presumably
>> expanded
>> to include Jim.  I've now removed the leeds.ac.uk address.
>
> Yes - expanded to be Jim and Dave (Fisher) (via account wylinux which
> controls the webpages).

Is that account (or rather the mail forward) controlled/accessible
just by you or can others get at it?

Actually putting the mail through several forwarding stages seems
silly, so I suggest we just set the forwarding on the lug.org.uk box
and do not have the subsequent stage.

So that leaves us with the following options:-

   1. Add one or more people to the alias to pick up mail to wylug
      and deal with it.

   2. Push wylug mail into the wylug-admin list (much of the content
      would be junked before hitting the list as its likely to be spam
      and moderated out).  We just need to make sure that relevant
      stuff is actually acted on rather than just passing by.

I think we do need at least one other person with lug.org.uk access
since I'm obviously not as responsive on this as people would like,
and I tend to have less involvement with wylug now (not saying I
want to be replaced completely, but a backstop would be good).

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]