[Wylug-admin] who gets wylug at wylug.org.uk ...

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 08:47:01 UTC 2008

[Sorry - missed this when it first went past]

On 25 Jul 2008, at 22:18, John Leach wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 10:00 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>
>> So that leaves us with the following options:-
>
>>   2. Push wylug mail into the wylug-admin list (much of the content
>>      would be junked before hitting the list as its likely to be spam
>>      and moderated out).  We just need to make sure that relevant
>>      stuff is actually acted on rather than just passing by.
>
> I like this idea.  I'm not sure what kind of email is usually sent to
> that address but I doubt anyone expects it to be "private".

I don't think so - although admin addresses often get the type of
stuff sent to them that ought to be put to the mailing lists
(especially wylug-help) but the sender assuming they'll get special/
more personalised help if they send to that address (admittedly this
happens more on the exim lists than the wylug ones).   Frankly it will
all get moderated anyhow (as they won't be subscribers) so Smylers or
myself can pull sensitive stuff out of the queue if we realise.

[We could probably do with an additional moderator too - I know both
Smylers and myself are likely to be away for the same week in August]

>> I think we do need at least one other person with lug.org.uk access
>> since I'm obviously not as responsive on this as people would like,
>> and I tend to have less involvement with wylug now (not saying I
>> want to be replaced completely, but a backstop would be good).
>
> I'm not actually sure what lug.org.uk access actually means.  Fancy
> clarifying?  Is it just for controlling that email address, or more?
> (We should stick this on the wiki once it's explained :)

For most lugs it would control their website or web-services access on
the lug.org.uk systems, but wylug does not currently use those
(however this is an option if we want to move things away from the
university systems).
There is some PHP stuff available - I think the intention is to have a
small number of blessed/maintained content handling apps for websites.

So its basically controls forwarding for wylug.org.uk and there may
possibly be a couple of mailing list control functions you do from
that level (although I can't think of any).

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]