[Wylug-admin] Astroturf

Towle, William william.towle at echostar.com
Mon Nov 17 13:46:46 UTC 2008

> 	Usually there is at least an offer of cash.... cheap gits...
>
> 	yes the response is off

  I don't think we need resort to "off", whether thoughts about Novell
are coming/will be coming into this or not. While some effort (albeit
perhaps only a subject line and an additional sentence, the rest is
pretty blanket) was made to write to us specifically, the request
would make Novell the first such link - and there isn't any suggestion
we'd get anything out of it (traffic-wise or otherwise, note how
searchlaboratory.com considers reciprocal link swaps "low value").

  ...which raises an interesting point: I don't see a "linux" link (to
www.linux.org, say) on our site, which strikes me as an unusual
oversight
(I could be wrong, if the dotted-underline "WYLUG"s under "About WYLUG"
are trying to do anything other than prompt a cursor change they're not
working [in IE6*])

W.

* YIK. But I'm at work and it's Policy.